I recently received samples of some of Davinci Gourmet's flavored syrups. The flavors I received are mainly for use in coffee or baking. However, I'm sure there are many other uses for them. I really liked that the syrups were not overly sticky or thick, and that they are easily added to many different things.
One way you could use Davinci Gourmet syrups is in baking. Check out this recipe for a Chocolate Kahlua Trifle made with Davinci Gourmet's Kahlua Syrup.
- 1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlua®), or Davinci Gourmet's Kahlua Syrup, or to taste
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix the brownie mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs together in a mixing bowl until smooth, and pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the brownies shows moist crumbs, 25 to 30 minutes. Set the brownies aside, and cool completely. Use a chopstick or the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the brownies, about 1/2-inch apart; drizzle the coffee liqueur or Kahlua Syrup all over the brownies. Let the brownies stand 5 minutes to soak up the liqueur.
- In a bowl, whisk the chocolate pudding mix with cold milk until thickened, about 2 minutes; allow to stand 5 more minutes to set.
- To assemble dessert, cut the brownies up into small cubes. Layer 1/3 of the brownies into the bottom of a glass trifle bowl, and top with a layer of pudding, then a layer of whipped topping. Repeat twice more, ending with whipped topping. Chill at least 4 hours before serving.