I love hot sauce! I love putting it on just about anything I can think of. I think one of my favorite foods is boneless buffalo chicken wings. I recently was able to try a really great hot sauce called Very Peri Sauce
Very Peri Sauce is a blend of Peri Peri peppers and a lemony blend. So not only do you get the heat, but you get an amazing citrus flavor as well. They have 3 different heat levels so you can get something that is not too hot for you, or if your a dare devil you can try their "Intenso" sauce. This sauce is great to add to your favorite recipes, or its great base to start a new recipe.
The recipe I used this sauce for is a great spicy grilled shrimp recipe.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Very Peri hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Asian Chile paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil, parsley, hot sauce, minced garlic, ketchup, Chile sauce, salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Set aside about 1/3 of this marinade to use while grilling.
- Place the shrimp in a large, resealable plastic bag. Pour in the remaining marinade and seal the bag. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes per side until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
You can find many other great recipes and other ideas, along with other sauces on the Very Peri website here.