**The products mentioned on this page may have been given to Star Focal to review for its readers, however all opinions (unless otherwise stated) are our own**

Friday, August 23, 2013

Gorgeous Eyes with NYC New York Color- Review

I always get compliments on my eyes. It is one area of my face that I am proud to flaunt! So when I get the opportunity to review things to make my eyes look even better I jump on it! I was lucky enough to receive some great eye products from NYC New York Color to review for you guys.

New York Color

I received some great products to let you know that you can create some great looks on a budget without losing quality! I received samples of NYC New York Color's Show Time Glitter Pencils, Individualeyes Custom Compacts and Big Bold Curl Mascara.



I love eyeliner! I swear eye liner is one of my favorite make up products. However, it is also one of the products I am very picky about. I was very excited to receive the Show Time Glitter Pencils as I love anything that sparkles. I was impressed with how smooth this eye liner was and with how many sparkles it produced, but I was a little disappointed with the color quality. I prefer really dark bold colors and while these colors were pretty, they were not very bold.


Even though they were not as bold as I would like they were still pretty and would work great for someone looking for a more subtle look. They also lasted a lot longer than I thought they would which was a nice surprise.


Next up is the Individualeyes Custom Compacts. I was very excited to be able to try these as I have been wanting one for months! Each compact comes with 4 eye shadows, a primer, and a illuminator.

Here are some swatches of the two compacts I received. The top row is with the included primer and the bottom row is without. 

Smokey Browns

Smokey Browns
The shadows themselves are pretty pigmented at first, but do blend very well. The primer (as you can see above) does help hold the shadow which is great. I think my favorite part about these compacts is the illuminator. I love the way eyes look when they have a white based color on the inner corner and I love that one is included in this compact. I found that this compact had little to no creasing and the shadows themselves were of good quality.


I would have to say that my favorite of all these products would have to be the Big Bold Curl Mascara! I used to have what I would have considered perfect lashes. They used to be long, dark, and curled perfectly without any help. When I had my first daughter I lost all of my eye lashes. After some hard work and some of the products found on this site, my eye lashes have some what grown back. They are not as full and long as they used to be, but something is better than nothing. Since they have grown back I have a really hard time trying to get my lashes to curl.

This mascara does a wonderful job of curling my lashes without using any scary instruments or adding so many layers that it clumps. The brush itself is a little intimidating but I loved the results I got from it. This is definitely my new favorite mascara and I'm sure I will be buying more soon!

Of course as soon as I open the box with my new goodies, guess who comes running to help try them out? Yes, little H came to the rescue to prove to us that she really is a little princess.




Cute little princess aside, here is the look I created on myself:





I thoroughly enjoyed these products, especially the Big Bold Curl Mascara! You can find these and other NYC New York Color products on their website here.

**Disclaimer** I was in no way paid, or obligated to give a positive review, or a review at all for this company. If you would like to read my full disclaimer for reviews you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget